3.03.2008

Tragedy + Farce

A BOOK:

Tragedy + Farce By John Nichols & Robert McChesney.

.

This is an awesome book. The whole theory is that "media today treats Americans as consumers, not citizens". The book is fascinating the whole way through. I don't know when exactly, but at some point, ABC closed down their 20/20 offices in DC because there wasn't a high demand for proper journalism. ABC declared: "From now on, we focus on personalities, pop culture and big gets". I couldn't believe it. But then again I can. I mean, how many of us know more about Britney Spears (please not just me--or am i the ONLY one who occasionally reads US weekly??) and her crazy baby raising skills vs. the genocide currently happening in Kenya?? right? read this book, thats all i have to say.





No comments: