10.12.2008

atleast i didn't leave my polaroid camera on the back of ryan's trunk.

R.I.P. my hot pink fisheye camera:
This hill was awesome. the wind was spectacular:
i have been fascinated by this place ever since i moved here to Rapid. it is this printing shop that reminds me of a wonder bread bag. it is the most bizarre place. and i was so eager to shoot ryan in front of it...i had been waiting for a buddy to come so that i could shoot their portrait there:




right after the beesting that ruined my day/week (below)--

it was taking me a while to set up this shot, cos i wanted to be able to see the badlands behind the church and also get ryan well framed...i was taking my time...THEN I GOT STUNG BY A BEE. i proceeded to scream over and over really loud, startling ryan. i hadn't been stung by a bee since i was 5 and found out that i am not allergic to them; my leg swelled up; the bite went from a little bump to being 6" long and 4" wide. it really sucked. i was so distracted by the beesting, that i left my fisheye camera on the trunk of the car and we drove off. we went back and it was gone. i cried:
this house was better than the badlands. we stayed here for about 70 minutes. there was actually a sign that said "home sweet home" in the entrance..and sweet it was:



p.s. in case you are as sad i was to lose my trusty hot pink fisheye, i have since replaced it. but as we all know -- film is never replaceable. boo hiss.

8 comments:

Na'im said...

for the longest time i thought beesting the verb of beast. hm.

SAMIMI-EXTREMIE said...

however you want to take it. grab it and run, you beest you.

mish said...

sad story, but happy(-ish) ending. saw this site and thought of you: http://www.polanoid.net./

flashlightfaces said...

you're so stylin
sorry to hear about the camera

ps, that photo of ryan in front of the house of wonderbread totally goes in the album of layli and friends posing in front of cool looking things

SAMIMI-EXTREMIE said...

mish: thanks for your sympathy. i totally know polanoid! i am, in fact a polanoider! (me=geek)

shirin: thanks booboo. i agree, i totally forgot to put that in the folder of standing in front of things...thanks for the heads up!

baktash said...

these photos make me mish u. kish me?

limonana said...

love these! that wonderbread looking place is magical!

flashlightfaces said...

hellloooooo it's almost been a week since your last post

working and bettering the world is no excuse for depriving me of entertainment.