6.23.2008

i am fully aware that Dov Charney is a raging pervert.

...but he doesn't participate in slave labor or hire four year-old orphans to work for him. and i'll admit it--i love his gear. i will also admit that some of his advertisements are for prostitutes. but you cant stop me from wearing it. sorry.

there is also something to be said about the models who seek out AA, in the sense that haven't they seen the advertisements? i mean, come on. you expect to be treated with utter and complete respect and honor when most of the shots are of women with their bums hanging out or their breasts fully exposed? come on ladies. dont you think to a certain extent you are already aware of the discrimination and objectification going on?

so with that in mind i just wanted to show you four things: one thing i hate from there, one thing i am excited about them getting, and two items i already own that i love.


HATE (i always start off negative!! damnit!!):


SERIOUSLY who would wear this dress. it is so deeesgusteeengg!! that dress wouldn't look good on anyone. ANYONE. the only creature that "dress" would look decent on is My Little Pony.

two items i own that i really, really LOVE:



i love both of these so much. great colors and great cuts.

item that is "coming soon" that i am really EXCITED about:




very, very cute skirt. very, very short skirt but really cute with leggings and tights. i cant freakin' wait!

HEY! do you hate or love AA???

QUESTION: i HAD to change the font color and the font of the blog entries. the white on black was hurting my eyes...was it a good idea or did you like the white font color better? this seems easier on the eyes--what do you think??

7 comments:

Leili said...

I like that dress. It looks like wearing a purple slick of gasoline.

SAMIMI-EXTREMIE said...

well then you must be the my little pony reincarnated.

Tony Piff said...

i think some AA pieces seem intentionally ridiculous, created solely for branding purposes. charney knows what he's doing. ...font/color choice is great!

SAMIMI-EXTREMIE said...

thanks, tony! yay! i didnt know you had a blog! now i can go peeeekkkk. love to you and yours!

gus said...

I read somewhere that some of the models ARE actually prostitutes...not sure I can vouch for this hearsay though. I also thought that he prides himself using his staff as models and never model-models.

PS, Why's it gotta be only lasses and never lads???

If I were a celebrity, I'd wear various items from the AA sparkly/sequin line everyday. I would also move to Croatia with my pet pygmy goat named after the legend himself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Layli I dig your blog. I especially like it when you make fun of hippi people doing anything because I went to evergreen and I'm scarred for life. Anyway those Healeys (sp?) love you too! They were just raving! I notice you post hilarious clips on your blog...I found this youtube clip and I feel that someone out there needs to post it...feel free if you are as deeply moved as I was :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8AwQHusZw&feature=email

Chus said...

This is what I think: Dov Chaney